Western Express, Inc. Keeps On Trucking with Salesforce Sales Cloud From Dell
Major regional truck load carrier deploys modern sales force automation to beat the competition
- Western Express, a truck load carrier based in Nashville, TN, began in 1991; under new ownership, the company grew from 36 trucks in 1996 to more than 2,400 trucks today.
- The GM and VP of Sales for the company’s Flatbed Division – responsible for 40% of the company’s $432 M in revenue – realized the sales team’s outdated sales tracking system did not provide the customer insight they needed to stay competitive in a highly-fragmented marketplace.
- It was very difficult for the Flatbed Division to understand who their customers were, which customers belonged to which reps, or begin building annual plans based on customer buying patterns.
- Western Express chose Salesforce Sales Cloud to provide customer insight and tracking
- The company also selected Dell Boomi Integration to provide complete customer visibility across Sales Cloud and a legacy AS/400 system with additional customer data.
- Dell’s solution has streamlined Western Express’ information flow between drivers, salespeople, and head office operations to deliver more value to their customers
- Dell’s fixed-cost, fixed scope implementation, training, and support services provided a single, trusted partner that provided rapid time to value in a highly competitive industry.
- Company: Western Express, Inc.
- Industry: Transportation
- Size: Small
- Region: USA
- Applications: Salesforce Sales Cloud, Dell Boomi Integration